Another gun design for Fallout: Equestria.
This is not following WW2 or any human time line so do not come in here and start talking about that.
This is a modified version of the M3 Grease Gun I posted before, designed with ponies more in mind it is fired with a mouth bit instead of a trigger.
Length: 27inch (stock extended) 22 inch (stock retracted)
ROF: 450 rounds per minute
Effective Range: 100m (sights fixed)
The M3A2 Grease Gun was developed after the M3 Grease Gun saw action on the front line, ponies started complaining that the hoof operated mechanised was adding to casualties because it took them long to get into a stable firing position, the M3A2 was designed so that the gun could be held in the mouth and fired without stopping and using two hooves.
It is cheap, effective and reliable (when filled with grease, hence the name) and although it was considered a very ugly weapon by ponies, it did it's job well enough.
The M3A2 was dropped from front line use to be replaced by more advanced weapons but stayed in service as a home guard weapon and was used by tank, aircraft and vehicle crews right up until the end of the war.
The gun come equipped with:
- A mouth operated trigger, it does not have a safety which lead to a few complaints, but was never fixed before the being taken out of service.
- A collapsible stock.
- An easy to reach charging handle that sticks out from the top of the weapon.
- Sling mouting point for the attachment of a sling, a big improvement over the older M3.
- A screw on muzzle suppressor to dampen the muzzle flash produced when shooting.
- A flip open dust cover to keep dust out of the working parts of the firearm.
The M3A2 was a big leap forwards in fighting technique, but its was not favoured by non-hooved soldiers who preferred the M3.
This design was drawn by me, any usage of this design please cite me.